Simoy ng Haraya Review | Sustainable & Local Perfume

By Simplified by Dub - June 29, 2020

simoy ng haraya sustainable perfume review

When I started living a sustainable lifestyle, finding a sustainable perfume from a local brand was the last thing in my list. I used to be a hoarder and before the transition I was gifted by a friend tons of my favorite perfume brand that I often buy in Duty Free. I decided to use up all the the perfumes I have before finding and buying a new one. But last year, I moved to Quezon City for a 6-week internship and a 1-week conference. I, unfortunately, forgot to pack my perfume and had to buy one while staying in QC. Before the start of my internship, I had a few days to go around the mall and eventually found stalls that were selling local products. That was when my attention was captured by the products of Simoy ng Haraya. 

Simoy ng Haraya, which means "whiff of imagination", stands for carefully curated and lovingly crafted Philippine products that are made in small batches to ensure their high quality. They have a wide selection of scents from floral, fruity, and clean to musk, woody and gourmand that come in refillable glass bottles as their personal commitment to sustainability. 

I love that their unisex scents are named after Filipino terms that denote human emotions, actions, and relationships. The scent that I chose is Unang Halik (First Kiss) which has sugar, vanilla (my favorite scent) and musk. 

Packaging: As seen in the photo, the perfume is in an amber glass spray bottle. However, the label eventually fades after several months of use. But, I love the fact that you could buy a refill of your favorite scent. Ever since going sustainable, I feel guilty throwing away empty perfume bottles and hope that some brands would reuse or refill them. I am glad that this brand has this initiative. 

Longevity: When I tried this product on the day I first saw it, I sprayed a couple of scents that I liked. Then moved to another store to explore and went home. I gave the product ample time to do its magic and I didn't take my evening bath to really see how long it would last. The following day, I sniffed my wrists and the scent was still there. This convinced me to go back to the mall and decide which scent I really love and eventually purchased it. 

Price: Their perfumes retail for Php 409 (30ML), Php 639 (50ML), Php 1069 (100ML), Php 2499 (250ML). 

Overall, I do think that the perfumes from Simoy ng Haraya are amazing. If you want to shift to sustainable, local, and zero-waste perfumes, Simoy ng Haraya is the perfect brand for you with their wide range of scents. 

simoy ng haraya sustainable perfume review


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments