Human Nature Shampoo Bar Review | Sustainable Living

By Dubhe - June 24, 2020

human nature shampoo bar review


Ever since I transitioned to a sustainable lifestyle, I have been searching for the best shampoo bar that would suit my hair type. I have wavy and dry hair (sometimes frizzy), and its always important for me to apply hair oils so I can manage my curls. But using regular hair oils often given me a headache especially silicone-based products. 

So far I have used 3 different shampoo bars, all locally made. The first one which was from Paraluman PH pairing it with their conditioner bar was a good combo. But the last two products I used gave me a bunch of pimples on my hairline and they don't last that long like what the brand would claim. 

When Human Nature launched their first shampoo bar, I was really happy for Human Nature to step up their game and excited to try it. I have been using Human Nature products for more than a year and I have been loving it not only because I no longer have to purchase sustainable products online (as we have a Human Nature branch in our city), I simply love how effective their products are as well. 

So, the question now is did I like their shampoo bar? Read more to know if I did. 

In a nutshell, their first ever shampoo bar is Human Nature's way to break free from plastic waste and giving healthy and gorgeous hair to their supporters. It deeply cleanses your scalp without drying it. It also contains rich, pH-balanced blend of cocoa butter, avocado oil and mild coconut surfactants which they claim to keep your hair soft. 

How to apply: There are two ways I apply shampoo bars. (1) If I have a short hair, I would apply a bit of water on the bar and lather it using my hands. (2) If I have a longer hair, I would apply a bit of water on the bar and lather it by rubbing the bar against the ends of my damp hair. Once it bubbles, I would put the bar on a soap dish and continue lathering the bubbles towards my scalp. 

Packaging: Of course, the main reason why I transitioned to a low-waste and sustainable lifestyle was to stop buying shampoos and conditioners in plastic bottles. The Human Nature Shampoo Bar's packing is biodegradable. If you don't have a way to compost at your own home, you could use the box as seed starters. 

Scent: I actually like the scent of this shampoo bar, it has a tint of citrus and vanilla (which is my favorite btw). At the end of the day, my hair still smells fresh and clean. 

Quality: This bar actually lathers well and rinses off easily too, hence, you save more water. 

Longevity: The bar weighs 70g. I have used it for almost two months, and since I constantly go out for work and errands and with the current situation, I take a bath and wash my hair twice a day. And towards the end of the first month, that was when the heart engraving fully faded. I bet this will last me more or less 5 months. Also, take note to place your shampoo bars in a soap dish and let it dry after using to maximize its use. 

Price: The shampoo bar retails for Php 249.75. A bit expensive than my previous shampoo (with plastic packaging) and previous shampoo bars I used (but they were smaller and some I didn't even like). But if my hunch is correct, I would still be able to save money if this bar lasts for more than 5 months. 

Effects to my hair: Human Nature claims that their shampoo bar gives healthy, gorgeous, and nourished hair. Personally, my wavy hair isn't that frizzy and often holds my curls well. But I often feel that my hair needs more moisture as it feels a little bit dry. But the dryness might be because I have been washing it more than what I normally do. However, with the current situation, I had to be cautious and cleanse myself thoroughly. So I have been using their Natural Daily Hair Treatment as well as the Sunflower Beauty Oil to moisturize my hair and define my waves. Furthermore, I noticed that I have less hair fall, softer hair and no damaged or split ends. 

Also, did I breakout with this shampoo bar? The good news is I didn't. Though it took a while for my old pimples (caused by previous shampoo bars) to fade. It does take a while from my experience, but this shampoo bar didn't encourage more breakouts on my hairline. 

Overall, I think Human Nature's Shampoo Bar is a great product. I would give it 4.5/5 as I did try using the shampoo bar alone and my hair still needs a little help from their products. For the price, though it is more expensive than what I previously used, I still think I would save money (shipping and price per gram in months) and save the environment with this one.

Have you tried using a shampoo bar? What are your favorite shampoo bar brands?

human nature shampoo bar review


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments