DIY

DIY Zero Waste Deodorant

By Simplified by Dub - August 10, 2019




This might be too much information about me, but I am choosy when it comes to deodorants. They either darken my underarm or make me smelly by the mid or end of the day.

But since going zero waste, I do not have that much access to purchase local plastic-free or sustainable deodorant. So I decided to make my own!



Ingredients:

- 4 tbs cornstarch
- 3 tbs baking soda
- 3 tbs melted coconut oil
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of tea tree oil
- a few pumps of sunflower beauty oil
- glass jar with lid

Simply mix all of the ingredients and place everything in the glass jar.

Review:

I've been using the DIY deodorant for several days. On the first day, I was walking around the city for several hours and my armpits were sweating. I was a bit bothered because I might be a bit smelly but I was also concerned with the massive sweating. But as I checked, there was no odor. And then I checked again by the end of the day, no odor.

I am honestly amazed how a simple product made from ingredients found in the kitchen could make this happen. I'm still observing if this deodorant can whiten the armpit. The reason I added sunflower beauty oil was for whitening and skin tightening (to prevent chicken skin).

Have you tried the to DIY your deodorant? If you did, what were your ingredients?





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments