7 Tips on How to Simplify Your Digital Life

By Simplified by Dub - August 06, 2019


Minimalism can be incorporated to different aspects of life. When I started to embrace minimalism, I tried to steer away from paper and document clutter and slowly shifted going digital with work and personal stuff. I also tried minimizing my use of electronics for self-care. If you are just starting out, then here are some tips on how to simplify your digital life:

1. Back up important files in Google Docs/Drive or Dropbox. Ever since I moved all of our work files in a team drive in google drive, I have been using it for my personal and blog files too. I

2. Go for inbox zero. Before I started my new job, I decided to use my personal email. I spent the entire day before my first day to unsubscribe to email marketing and delete old an unnecessary emails. I usually go through and delete emails again once a month.

3. Delete old documents. Go through all your documents once in a while. Assess if you will be using those files in the next six months. I still have my files from undergrad and grad school since I have plans to proceed with my post grad studies. So I might be keeping them for a while or store it in google docs.

4. Use one calendar. It is waaay simpler when you use one calendar to manage work, hobbies and personal events.

5. Uninstall unnecessary software apps. Less is definitely more with electronics. Having tons of software or apps running in the background would slow down your laptop or phone and consumes a lot of space. Hence, keep software or apps that you only use.

6. Minimize accounts. If you have multiple e-mail or social media accounts, try to minimize it. Not only does it confuses the person where to contact you, it will also take time for you to check them individually. In my case, I have minimize mine with two accounts, one for work and one for blogging.

7. Manage Notifications or Updates. Don't you get distracted every time your phone or laptop dings with a notification from facebook? Whenever I use my laptop it is usually work or hobby related and I want to get things done quickly. I have all notifications in my laptop turned off and I always turn my phone into silent mode when I'm working and my smart watch simply vibrates when there is an important message/call that needs to be answered.

What are your tips on how to simplify your digital life? 




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments