DIY

Zero Waste Apple Cider Vinegar Toner | Zero Waste DIY

By Simplified by Dub - August 03, 2019




Since embracing a zero waste lifestyle, I searched for recipes for a DIY skincare routine. There were ingredients that were in our kitchen cabinet and ingredients that I had to find and purchase online. But as a beginner, I started doing easy zero waste DIY swaps and create skincare products with accessible ingredients.

The first one I tried was an ACV toner. If you have been searching for DIY toners, an ACV toner is the easiest and most popular DIY toner.

Benefits of Using Apple Cider Vinegar Toner to the skin:

Apple Cider Vinegar has antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties. However, it may cause irritation to the skin, burns or blisters when undiluted. Hence, it is advised to use it with caution when applied to the skin. It has been reported help treat acne, minimize wrinkles, prevents or treats sunburn, exfoliate dead skin cells, fight foot odor and remedies bug bites.

What you need:

  • Organic Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar, preferably with the "mother"
  • Distilled or filtered water
  • Container. In my case, I like to have my toner in a spray bottle
What to do: 

  • Pour one part of organic raw apple cider vinegar into a container or your spray bottle.
  • Add two parts of distilled or filtered water.
  • Shake the bottle to combine the mixture.
  • Apply the toner to your skin using a cloth pad or spray it two-three inches away from your face, avoiding eye area. 
  • Proceed with your usual skincare routine. 

Note that you could experiment with the ratio of ACV to water depending on how your skin responds to it. If you have sensitive skin, then dilute further the mixture. You could also customize your DIY toner by adding essentials oils, green tea, witch hazel or infusing the water in the mixture with fresh herbs. 

I used my ACV toner for months already and I wished I have used this years ago. It would have saved me a lot of money and minimize plastic container waste after using commercial toners. I diluted the mixture (a little bit) more than the recommended ratio. I didn't have any irritation or skin issues. It even made my skin healthy, radiant and less greasy during the day. I honestly love it!

Have you tried a DIY ACV toner? 

Follow


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments