Life Update, Blog and Youtube Changes

By Simplified by Dub - September 16, 2020



A few months ago, majority of the world was in lockdown. I, too, had to work from home and this motivated me spend more time on my blog and my new Youtube channel. But a couple of months later, I took a long blogging break after I received a huge news - I got into graduate school and I'm moving to Europe! 

Within a month, I had to resign and start planning on how to move abroad during a pandemic. At first I was super happy, getting into graduate school in Europe was my dream and I'm finally doing it! But then, I was worried of how I'm going to process my medical and visa in a city with numerous of COVID cases and travel on a plane for 16+ hours. The threat of the virus really got into me and I was in a slump for several weeks. 

Hence, I decided to take a break, focus on my health, prepare myself for this move and this journey. I am writing this post in a rented condominium unit and giving you a glimpse of what I did during quarantine. I have also been reflecting on how my life has drastically changed since graduating from college and how the blog and my Youtube channel will be experiencing changes as well. 

I created this blog after I decided to live a sustainable lifestyle, a year after I started my minimalism journey. I wanted to share how I did it and what eco-friendly and local brands I'm supporting. With my plan to move to Europe, my readers will be expecting the same content: personal growth, sustainability and minimalism, I would love still love to support local Filipino brands and might look out for local European brands when I run out of it. I have started packing my stuff and I bought several products from sustainable Filipino brands which would last me several months (for beauty products) before I would start using European brands. I already did some research and I have listed the "affordable" brands I want to support. As much as I want to keep using Filipino brands, I have to be realistic and buy brands that I could purchase near me and also purchase products that I could afford. 

During the blog anniversary, I promised there would be more travel content which may happen when I finally get to Europe. I want to explore one country at a time, but I want to make it a video diary so travel content will now be in my Youtube channel. Also, I decided to document my journey of studying abroad so I'll be making more personal videos for you guys. 

Hope you will join me in this journey and follow my social media accounts for more content and updates <3

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments