Budget and Investments Tips for Creating a Relaxing Bedroom

By Dubhe - June 15, 2020

budget and investment tips for creating a relaxing bedroom


Our bedrooms should be our sanctuary. A place of relaxation and a place to recharge our bodies for the next day. That is why it is important to curate a bedroom that is inviting. I used to live in a tiny studio apartment away from my home town and have learned ways on how to create (basically) a tiny house that I want to go home to after a tiring day at work. And as a frugal person, I have gathered some budget tips to share first. 

Budget

1. Eliminate clutter. Honestly, there is no way anybody could feel relaxed in a messy room. Even the simple habit of tidying your room before bedtime changes the mood and makes your room restful. 

2. Separate your workspace from your bedroom. If you can, try to separate your sleeping area from your study area by working or studying in a different room or moving your desk to the living room. When I was living in a studio apartment for a year, I placed my study desk away from my bed and I made sure I wouldn't face the bed. As they say, out of sight, out of mind. I also refrain from bringing my laptop to bed as the sole purpose of it was for sleep only. 

3. Change and wash pillow cases and beddings at least once a week. It may be tiring to wash bedsheets and pillow cases every single week but I know if I'll change the sheets every Sunday, I would feel so relaxed and comfortable and ready to work the next day. 

4. Hang curtains or blinds. During the day, I like to have a cool and bright room to feel energized when working but when I'm getting ready for bed, I want to block out as much light (even moon light) as I can. This can help release melatonin, the sleep hormone.

5. Spray calming essential oil. You can make your own by mixing distilled water, 10 drops of lavender essential oil and 10 drops chamomile essential oil in a glass spray bottle. Spray it on your pillow case or near your A/C and enjoy a good night's sleep. 

Investment

6. Buy a good mattress. We spend 1/3 of our day sleeping that means we spend 1/3 of our lives on our beds. Investing in a good mattress keeps you from sleepless nights, grumpy mornings, back aches, numb limbs, headaches, and ofcourse, save you a lot of money in the long run. 

7. Decorate with a calm color palette. By painting or decorating your room with a calm color palette, like a soft blue or neutral colors, will help create a relaxing atmosphere in your bedroom. 

8. Choose the correct lighting by installing adjustable lighting. Did you know that there are certain kinds of light that could help you fall asleep? Adjustable lighting could help you control the brightness of your light, that way you could slowly prep for bed using lights. Back when I was living in a studio apartment, I would turn off my bed room lights and leave my bathroom light or bed side lamp (that was a bit yellowish in color) turned on while I prepare for bed. 

Do you have any budget or investment tips on creating a relaxing bedroom? Comment them below!


budget and investment tips for creating a relaxing bedroom

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments