Zero Waste Tea

By Simplified by Dub - August 17, 2019




Drinking a hot cup of tea is a common habit, though not in the Philippines. Filipinos are more of hot cocoa and hot coffee kind of people. I don't have that much access to good tea, especially zero waste tea. Most tea bags are individually wrapped with plastic and most tea bags are not biodegradable.

Since going zero waste, I tried finding ways to drink tea in a zero waste way. And here are a few ways you can do it too.

1. Grow it yourself. I got a few seeds of a Blue Butterfly Pea and I grew them in a pot. Now, I can have blue turnatea any time I want to. I just pick the flowers, clean it and put it in a hot cup of water.

2. Buy Rose Petals, Flowers in Bulk or Loose Leaf in Bulk. I'm just really glad our local zero waste store sells blue butterfly pea flowers and dried rose petals for tea and store it in an airtight container.

3. Use an Infuser Teapot, Cup, Bottle or Strainer. There are several ways you can make your tea from loose leaf/flowers, either to put it in an infuser teapot, cup, bottle or strainer with hot water. I use an infuser teapot or strainer and an infuser bottle for on the go.

Do you prepare tea in a zero waste way?

Follow

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments